Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Vegetarian Month = Over

So vegetarian month has finally come to a ceasefire. So what did I learn? I kind of liked it. It forced me to enter a lot of new cooking territories that I previously hadn't explored. We didn't end up eating bean burritos or pizza every night and still managed to be healthy. Overall, I feel healthier and more energetic and will probably not go back to being full-time carnivore. Hopefully you, our small dear reader crowd has been inspired to think outside of the box and focus on what you are putting into your body as well.

Apparently, someone else was on a veggie kick this month too! Today my friend Kelsey sent me this link that contains one month of vegetarian dinners: My Recipes Vegetarian Month. This sure would have come in handy! I will definitely be trying some of these recipes out and if they turn out good I will post them.

Here are some other vegetarian / vegan blogs that I have discovered lately that you may find interesting:

101 Cookbooks
Chef Erik
Chow Vegan
Crazy Sexy Life
Modern Beet
Vegan Guinea Pig
Vegan Yum Yum
Veg Cooking Blog
Vegetarian Organic

Vegetarian / Lifestyle books that I have read, am still going through (or haven't gotten to yet):
Skinny Bitch
The China Study
In Defense of Food
Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone

I have a backlog of vegetarian recipes I have tried or created, so keep expecting more. I also have a review of SLO's best vegetarian sandwich coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment